Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Trick or Treat Banner

Trick or Treat Banner




Yaahhhsss it is still my favorite month (except for the first half being so bloody damn hot) and I am still playing around with the Twilight Kit from Alpha Stamps!

Leslie sent me Large and Small Pennants and I absolutely love that they're black. Saves me the time of having to paint or paper the backs and the black just gives it a nice finish.




After playing around with everything I decided to stack the pennants, and then put the Small Chunky Coffins on the top.  So here was my problem..there wasn't enough of the Twilight 8x8 Paper to cover both sizes of pennants. Deciding to cover the large pennants, I used what I had with the Twilight papers, placing the paper just under the punched holes, then covered the top strip with the leftover scraps. It was only a 1/2" or so space, and I liked mismatching the patterns.  



Using the fabulous Coffin Skeletons Collage Sheet, I covered the Small Chunky Coffins with images from that sheet as well as using the Skeletons Out of the Closet Collage Sheet. Once the pennants and coffins were papered, I edged them with black ink. Next came the layering, which took all of maybe 10 minutes! The pennants are glued together, but the coffins are attached with 2 Glue Dots, just so they'd stand up a bit from the pennant. 

Note on the Glue Dots - the coffins won't stay on with just the Glue Dots. I put a bit of hot glue on top of the dot then put on the smaller pennant.




Oh wait - the small pennants. I stamped kraft paper with the Tim Holtz Seasonal Catalogs 1 stamp and covered the small pennants with the same image. (Don't be surprised when you see my Xmas banner with the other half of that set covering the small pennants again.) The Tim Holtz Rosette Die was used to make the rosettes, cut from the Spectrum Ginger Snap Dots & Stripes Scrapbook Paper

While looking through (excavating) some of my supplies I found some of the plastic skeletons I have hoarded from Alpha Stamps. I remembered something that Design Team Member Lora Mahaffey did way back when she was a Guest Designer for Alpha Stamps using the skeletons. Lora had created a tutorial for articulating the skeletons so I looked it up and then took off with the skeletons. (By the way, it is so easy it's ridiculous, and who doesn't like snapping bones off?) Had a lot of fun cackling when I figured out how each skeleton would be posed, I think my favorite is the one hanging upside down!

Final tip: When stringing the pennants, you'll need to place them really close together so that the skeletons hang straighter. Otherwise they end up hanging too far to the side. Well, that's about it for now! Now I'm off to get busy on the Xmas banner...

Supply List


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dreadfully Delusional Dolls - Ms. Marwood

  Ms. Eunice Amelia Marwood Loves to walk under the darkness of New Moons. Lives off Veuve Clicquot, cavier and cigarrettes. Collects antiqu...

Popular Posts