Saturday, August 8, 2020

Forever Nanny

 Forever your nanny, I shall be!

 A little cool, a little creepy, eh?

Had a lot of fun playing with the Little Niche Shrine - Simple Heart from Alpha Stamps. Leslie asked me to put something together using the fabulous Chipboard Wings Assortment and the Simple Heart shrine so I was all ready to do something with them!

At least I thought I was. Every time I sat down to work on it I drew a blank and it got pushed off to the side. The other day I was going through one of the many piles I have everywhere in my studio and found the Articulated Skeleton - 4 Inch Tall a long with an image from the Dolls in the Attic Collage Sheet laying together. Who knows how long they had been in this pile, I'm just glad they showed up when they did. (Added bonus - the image was already cut out!)

Throw in finding that I had two pairs of the Ruby Red Slippers, and just like that everything fell together. I love it when it things just fall into place and I can get things done!

Pardon my paperclay encrusted hands.

The Simple Heart Shrine has a niche but I wanted something a little more 3D so instead of using it, I inserted one of the facades from the Matchbox Shrine Facade Set. Of course it was inserted after everything else was finished but that's the quick info.


Process:

Cover the heart with Red Suede Paper, flip it over and trace the opening. With a craft knife or really sharp scissors cut out the area you just traced. Save that piece as you'll be able to use it to line the inside of the matchbox that the facade sits atop of. 

Edge the outside of the heart with black ink. My favorite stamp pad to use is the Versafine Pigment Ink Pad in black. 

Paint / decoupage / distress the outside of the facade. 

Glue facade to an empty matchbox, then line the matchbox with the Red Suede Paper and set aside.

Take out the skeleton pieces and sort of paint them haphazardly, you don't want a solid white. After all, real bones are not all one solid color (don't ask how I know, really.) In the picture below the legs hadn't been painted yet as the glue was still drying.



Glue the arm pieces together, after you figure out how you want the limbs positioned. I changed my mind on the positioning of the arm but thankfully the glue hadn't dried and the change was possible. 

Glue head and torso to the back of your image so that both will fit in the niche space, set aside.

Once everything is dried, then hot glue the legs to the bottom of the niche so that the feet are facing forward.

No reason for this photo except that the legs in the shoes crack me up!



Accordion folded crepe paper makes the skirt, that is just glued on with hot glue. Once the legs are glued onto the niche and the skirt, then place the image with skelly onto the skirt and glue down the legs to the sides of the niche. I used Aileen's Tacky Glue for this. No need to glue the image to the skirt, the legs being glued holds everything together. Add the Patina Filigree Heart Charm and the Verdigris Bronze Diamond Filigree and set aside the niche.

The wings are painted white, and then rubber stamped with a floral / swirly print. I hit the wings with the heat gun to dry the ink after I smudged part of it (thinking it was already dry). 

Glue the wings to the back of the shrine, then glue the shrine into the opening on the heart. 

That's it! Your're done. Attach a hanger to the back for hanging, but I think I am going to use mine on a book cover.  How will you display yours?






2 comments:

  1. Awesome shrine! Love everything about it, especially those ruby red shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Nanny! Love the shrine...I would enjoy making it as much as I will giving it to a friend.

    ReplyDelete

Dreadfully Delusional Dolls - Ms. Marwood

  Ms. Eunice Amelia Marwood Loves to walk under the darkness of New Moons. Lives off Veuve Clicquot, cavier and cigarrettes. Collects antiqu...

Popular Posts