Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Tombstone Ticket Book



This month Alpha Stamp's Twilight Kit is so cute, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  I thought that the new Mini Halloween Banners  Collage Sheet was just screaming my name to chop it up and have fun with it. This collage sheet has a zillion options for making a tiny banner (just add a bit of string or baker's twine)... the pennants are about 1" tall. It's a sea of orange but the Twilight papers (also in the kit with this sheet) are pretty much all cream, orange & black.


And it has lots of words:

- HOCUS POCUS
- CANDY
- MAGIC
- TRICK
- TREAT
- SPELLS
- POISON
- GHOST
- SCARY
- SPOOKY
- BEWARE

The first project I made is this cute little Tombstone Ticket Book to add to my growing Halloween hoard of decor. The Etched Wood Gravestone comes  naked so I  painted it with white gesso, then while it was still wet I added a little bit of black gesso and just haphazardly mixed it around. Did the same to the Day of the Dead wood skull.
Between the 2 gravestones is the little Matchbox Ticket Journal that has the tiny images from the Mini Halloween Banners Collage Sheet on both sides. 
This side has my favorite Halloween jingle that I typed out (on a
1960s Smith Corona typewriter!) Edged the bottom with the Thin Looped Dresden Border, and edged the top of the flip side with the Thin Fleur Dresden Border. That's about it, a quick little book to make and amuse yourself with (AND to add to your Halloween hoard!)







2 comments:

Dreadfully Delusional Dolls - Ms. Marwood

  Ms. Eunice Amelia Marwood Loves to walk under the darkness of New Moons. Lives off Veuve Clicquot, cavier and cigarrettes. Collects antiqu...

Popular Posts