Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Sophronia Tries Forest Bathing




Forest Bathing, or  "shinrin-yoku" has many benefits to one’s health including lowered blood pressure, blood glucose levels, and stress hormones. Sophronia is taking it to the next level by actually bathing in the forest because in my world of make believe, that's how its done.


This was a fun project that I created for Alpha Stamps to get me out of the winter doldrums. Don't know about you, but even though I love wintertime I am ready for the green of Spring!

The base of the project is a 4x6 Shadowbox lined with Romantique Parisian Scrapbook Paper. I took Gold Stitched Leaf Ribbon and glued them onto the branches so that it looks like the birds are sitting on a "gold" branch.


My favorite part of the box is the "bubble" bath! I used the Tiny Flat Back Pearls and glued them where I thought bubbles would be in the bathtub, overflowing onto the mossy forest floor.

Mini Rose Buds are here and there in front of the tub, and Fancy Lavender Berries are popping up on the other side.  The luscious Reindeer Moss used for the tree at the end of the tub and around it is from my front yard ;)



The Taj Mahal Shadowbox Lid (shown in main photo at top of post) is covered with Floral Lace on Taupe Scrapbook Paper and then Platinum Stickles are used around the opening. Once the Stickles dried, I added the Green & Blue Mix Rhinestone Chain around the edge of the Stickles. Since it wasn't shiny and sparkly enough, I added a strip of Fancy Scalloped Gold Dresden Border at the bottom of the cover. Blingy dingy!


You can find the supplies I used here.  




4 comments:

  1. Bella, this is enchanting! I absolutely love it - and the bubbles are my favorite part, too! You have reindeer moss in your front yard?! NOT FAIR!!! This is an absolute charmer. I need some shinrin-yoku about now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tristan! There's not an abundance of it but after a storm I find it here and there :D Oakmoss is around too, I'm always picking it up and preserving it. Kids just roll their eyes...lol

      Delete
  2. Beautiful project--LOVE those bubbles! Your imagination and attention to detail constantly amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

Dreadfully Delusional Dolls - Ms. Marwood

  Ms. Eunice Amelia Marwood Loves to walk under the darkness of New Moons. Lives off Veuve Clicquot, cavier and cigarrettes. Collects antiqu...

Popular Posts